The Sisters of St Joseph of Peace

   


Next door to our Church is St. Joseph's Convent. In August of 1961 the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace came to the parish at the invitation of the then parish priest, Father James Leahy, to open a new mission in the Goodwood/Scraptoft area of Leicester. The Sisters' apostolate in the parish has included instruction of converts, parish visiting, hospital chaplaincy and, until recently, education in St. Joseph's Primary School.

The congregation was founded in Nottingham in 1884 under the inspiration of Margaret Anna Kusack, known as Mother Clare. The charism of "peace through justice" had its origins in her response to the social concerns and needs of the time. Today the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace minister in health care, education, parish ministry, prayer ministry, retreats, social work and political work for social change.

For further information about the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace contact one of the Sisters in the parish

Telephone 0116 241 6255

or their Provincial House at the address below:

Sisters of St Joseph of Peace,
61 Station Road,
Rearsby,
Leicestershire LE7 4YY 

Click here to visit the Sister's of St Joseph of Peace website







Community Web Kit provided free by BT